About our technology
What is the Hyper CD Technology?
The Hyper CD is a tridimensional multilayer optical memory, based on controlled fluorescence intensity. The recording of information inside the virtual layers of a fluorescent photosensitive glass or glass-ceramic discs uses laser diodes.
Characteristics of Hyper-CD Technology
- High Capacity ( PBs )
- Low Cost ( Media, Drive)
- Long Term Archival Solution ( thousands of years)
- Capable to Work at High Temperature and Intense Radiations
- Resources for Future Developments ( over 1 PB, rewritable)
- No Standard Restriction
- Minor Modifications of CD/DVD Drives
- Hyper Drives are able to read/write CD and DVD discs
- Broad Design Flexibility ( PC, notebooks, etc.)
The field of applications for the Hyper CD technology is extremely diverse (storage, backup and archieving):
- governmental institutions, banks, insurance companies, hospitals, libraries, museums, TV networks, movie studios, space and military applications, Internet servers.
- PCs: encyclopedia, music, movie, literature, scientific journals and books, school manuals, commercial catalogues, etc.